Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lab B1

Here we go again!! More teaching : ) The more we teach the more i feel like were getting comfortable infront of our classmates. The more experience we have the easier its going to come to us and this is definietly the case for me. I see a tremendous difference in my lesson from the first day of class, even from my last lesson. I was more confident and was well prepared for what i was going to teach. I knew where i wanted to stand, where the students were going to do the activity and had the frisbees prepared for them so that it wouldnt waste time getting them themselves. Take a look at my lesson, throwing a backhand throw from different levels!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJPJtzvlN3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJPJtzvlN3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


Of course it wasnt perfect but i think i did pretty good!! i was preally orud of myself. There were a few things that i had planned to say but forgot like a safety statement and i didnt demonstrate the wrong way to do the activity but thats all things that can be fixed!! I was also chewing gum. I didnt even realize it but im definitely not going to do that again next time. It wasnt very professional of me.

I worked hard on my visual aid and i think it helped alot with giving the cues. They were easy to see if the students forgot one of the cues.

Im excited for the next class where ill be watching my other classmates teach their lesson. It will be interesting to see other people teaching methods and their take on certain task!!!

Till next time Rockstars!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Posts are looking good! I could not see your video, it just gave me the URL so if you need some help getting that on there just let me know and I would be more than happy to help. I like how you talked about both what you did well and what you could work on. By the end of the class you will be able to really see how you have grown as a teacher and as a professional. Keep up the good work!

    P.S. watch out for spelling errors!!

    ReplyDelete